Hi there, you can now support Brand New Me financially? Send Money

For every Promised Land there are giants to be conquered. Until you conquer those giants, you cannot possess your possessions. Prophecies are often not enough, for we can see that people who run after prophets turn out miserable. This is because a prophet might tell you what God has said concerning you, but not tell you how to realize it. When eventually it doesn’t come to pass, you assume the prophesy was false. The truth is that a great proportion of God’s promises come with conditions. If the condition is not met, the promise is not given.

When you receive an admission letter offering you admission into an institution of higher learning, you are promised or assured that after, say, four years of study, you will be awarded a certificate recognizable in the society. However, if you do not complete the admission processes, attend lectures, do your assignments, your tests, term papers and projects, abide by the school regulations and uphold a good moral character, amongst other requirements, you are not likely going to have the certificate.

I know of an instance where a lady came to collect her certificate in a higher institution and was required to write “Original copy collected by me”. Would you believe that she could not spell the word “original”? The clerk attending to her was marvelled and reported the matter to her superior. To cut the story short, her certificate was withheld and every lecturer who passed her in her grades received a query to explain how she passed her courses. I also know of a graduate of Medicine & Surgery who happened to be a Capone of a campus cult, he couldn’t even return to collect his certificate because he knew what to expect.

The bible has such promises as “I shall be the head and not the tail”, “God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory”, such promises are true, but will remain unfulfilled and hanging if you do not do certain things that are required to make them manifest. Every such promise has an enemy out to stall its fulfilment and this write up examines some of these enemies.

Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NLT)

For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries. 1 Corinthians 16:9 (NKJV)

Not just an adversary, but many adversaries. The word “adversaries” used here means “enemies”. God has opened doors of marital bliss, business breakthrough, overflowing joy, spiritual gifts, academic excellence, financial abundance, and so on, unto you but there are many adversaries you will have to contend with if you must pass through that door. Adversaries don’t come because you wrote an invitation letter to them. They will come whether you like it or not; whether you invited them or not.

I want to point out here that righteousness exalts and sin brings reproach as recorded in the bible, therefore, it is important to know that living a righteous life will give no room to the adversaries to take the better of you. However, sin will bring you down. Sin will make you to sink, and it will as well, make you stink.

Let us examine some cardinal enemies you are bound to encounter in your day-to-day life that oppose your promotion in life. Until you deal with these enemies, your life may remain mediocre forever.

1. Ignorance

My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. “Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children. Hosea 4:6 (NIV)

Also it is not good for a soul to be without knowledge, And he sins who hastens with his feet. Proverbs 19:2 (NKJV)

For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6 (NKJV)

These scriptures declare one thing: your main problem is ignorance and not some witch that flies in the night. If you wake up in the morning and find pieces of broken eggs on your door mouth, you should celebrate for whoever has placed that thing there has called you a god. It is only gods that sacrifices are performed in honour of. It all boils down to lack of knowledge and not demons. Forget these needless hours spent binding demons: releasing the atomic bomb of heaven and Holy Ghost fire, if you spend the same amount of time studying the Word of God, then you will know who you are in God and that the enemy is already defeated by Christ’s death and resurrection. Hosea 4:6 didn’t say “My people are destroyed for demon’s sake…” it says: “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.” If you do not know you are supposed to get something in life, you may not get it. The bible made it clear that “the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off.” For example, Lazarus, in the bible, expected crumbs. You know to my surprise God never gave him bread. He got exactly what he expected. He ate crumbs until he died and went to heaven. I keep saying this: “don’t go to heaven through hell.”

When you don’t know what belongs to you, the devil will take it from you. When you don’t know the bible said: “by his stripes you are healed”, you may be diagnosed of leukaemia and then you simply go home, lie in your sick bed and await your dying day. When you don’t know, you accept it. What the devil is afraid of is not really your praise and worship, it can limit him; he is not afraid of your fasting either, it can but limit him because it can help you create an atmosphere where you can easily hear God and express yourself better. The devil is also not afraid of the mean look on your face and the fact that you don’t reply to friendly greetings and look overly spiritual. If there is one thing that definitely scares the devil, it is the amount of “it is written” that you are carrying inside of you. When Jesus overcame the devil, all he required was to keep prefixing “it is written…” in all his counter-responses. Do you not realize that the devil would have prevailed over Him if He wasn’t a diligent student of the scriptures?

Ignorance is a cardinal enemy of divine promotion. I encourage you to read your bible.

2. Lack of Interest

Some people know that they are to be promoted but they are not interested. One thing you must know under such situations is that God cannot force your will. He cannot force you to be a Governor, or a wealthy man, or to receive healing. If you read the entire Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) you’ll find that Jesus always remarked after performing a healing or restoration miracle: “Your faith has made you whole.” He never said, “My faith has made you whole.”

When people do not regard what is sacred as sacred, they become an enemy to themselves to receive divine promotion. A typical example is Esau in the bible:

And Jacob gave Esau bread and stew of lentils; then he ate and drank, arose, and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birth-right. Genesis 25:34 (NKJV)

The book of Hebrews 12:16-17 cited this incident and encouraged Christians not to be immoral or irreligious like Esau who sold his birth-right for a single meal, only to afterwards seek it diligently with tears; he was rejected and there was no repentance for him. Esau was not interested in any benefit that will come to him as the firstborn son. He knew that according to custom, he stood to receive a double-portion of his father’s inheritance, but he didn’t treat what was sacred as sacred. This is exactly the problem with many Christians: lack of demonstrated interest. It’s like people who do not pay their tithe but want God to prosper them. Tithing is founded upon principles of the kingdom of God. People make vows of commitment of different sorts to God but do not follow through to fulfil such vows. I’ve personally experienced that anytime I make a vow, God always provides me the means to redeem it. If you’re not interested in redeeming your vows in the first place, it will be difficult or impossible to know when the resource to redeem it has been provided. You find yourself using the resource provided to gratify your selfish pleasures. This kind of attitude of taking sacred things for granted is exactly what guarantees lack and poverty. Prayer alone can never make you financially prosperous. You can pray till you become a praying mantis. Men of God can lay hands on you till you have a bald head, and anoint you with oil till you have Jerry coils; it will not bring one naira to your account. Wealth is activated through obedience. God does not bless disobedience or lack of interest.

If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; Isaiah 1:19 (NKJV)

The effect of not taking sacred things as sacred has a dangerous way of permeating into every fabric of our lives. I have come to learn something during my counselling sessions of couples who are having trust issues in their marriages. When I pop the question: “Before you got married, were you already having sex?” The answer I always get is “Yes”. And so you have a situation where the woman cannot trust her husband because before they got married, the man could not control his libido. And of course, vice versa. And so they are insecure and paranoid, always believing that the other partner is up to something fishy. All simply because they treated what was sacred as if it was not sacred.

When you don’t have interest in what interests God, there is no divine promotion for you because it will be difficult or even impossible for you to obey God.

The sons of Lot were destroyed along with Sodom and Gomorrah because they made light of the warning and information their father-in-law gave them according to what he was told by the angels. They were not destined to die, help was beckoning. but they made light of it. (Read Genesis Chapter 19)

Naaman almost missed it. He also made light of Elisha’s instruction to go and dip himself in the Jordan seven times. If not for his wife and servant who persuaded him to carry out the instruction at least, he would surely have died a leper. (Read 2 Kings Chapter 5)

People who suffer the most are the people who make light of what God has made sacred.

3. Lack of Preparation

A wise person aptly quoted that “Success is when opportunity meets preparation.” Certainly, the major reason people miss opportunities is lack of preparation. When Jesus was speaking concerning Jerusalem, He said:

And level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.” Luke 19:44 (NKJV)

They were not prepared. And when the Messiah (Jesus) came and left, they never knew. But the prophecy by Prophet Isaiah was clear long before the birth of Jesus Christ and it said:

The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the LORD; Make straight in the desert A highway for our God. Isaiah 40:3 (NKJV)

Again, they missed it because they were not prepared. They didn’t know their time of visitation. God is planning to visit people but they don’t know the time of their visitation because they have not been preparing for it.

Let me share a story I’ve shared many times before. It is pertinent to repeat such stories so that the moral of such events will sink deep down into our subconscious. My pastor in Enugu, House on the Rock, Pastor Ed Biayebo told me a story of a sister who happened to be a classmate of late First Lady of Nigeria, Mrs Stella Obasanjo. Her husband was late, her children were out of school and her rent was due. We wished for an opportunity to meet with the First Lady and one day it came during the commissioning of Transcorp Hilton hotel. She gained proximity and shouted “Aunty Star”, which is the name she was known by back in school. So the First Lady turned and saw her, even her Security details could not stop her this time. When the pleasantries were out of the way, the woman began to pour out her woes: her children were out of school, her husband was late, her rent was due, no food to take care of the kids and so on. Her life was in no good shape. The First Lady was clearly not in the mood, time or place to listen to all that so she asked, “Tell me, is there anything you want me to do for you? Say it right away and I’ll instruct my aides to see to it.” To everyone’s surprise, the woman replied and said, “Anything you want.” The First Lady gave her a business card with a special number on it and said to her, “This is my direct line. Here, take N50,000 for your transportation back home. Take 2 weeks and think of one thing you want me to do for you. When you’re ready come to Abuja call this number and I’ll send my ADC to pick you.” The rest of the story is that First Lady, Mrs Stella Obasanjo went to Spain for medical treatment and didn’t come back alive. The woman still has the business card the First Lady gave to her, but that card will not put food on her table or meet any of her needs. She missed a great opportunity because of her unpreparedness.

This is the case with many people today: not prepared for promotion when it shows up. I read an annoying incident about a man who was saved from committing suicide due to the frustrations of his life. He was encouraged to continue living and it was arranged for him to attend an interview with a company where he was to be hired as a gateman. When the man attended the interview, you won’t believe that he dozed off while waiting to see the Director. The fact was that the interview was arranged such that he was the only one who came, just to make proper sure that he got the job. When the Director showed up, he met him sleeping. He asked who the sleeping man was and was told that he was the man who came to be interviewed for the position of gateman. The Director said to tell the man to go home that he had already been interviewed. He had seen how he would be sleeping on duty when he was eventually hired. Clearly this gateman-to-be was not prepared. If you’re not prepared, divine promotion will be far from you.

4. Wrong Attitude

I wish to hit this point hard home because many destinies have been destroyed because of wrong attitude. It’s been said many times over that “your attitude determines your altitude”. This fact stays true. Your attitude determines what will happen next in your life. A friend of mine told of how he walked into an office where it turned out that a greater number of staff there were “big girls”. Their impudence was amazing—they were unbelievably saucy. My friend walked up to the big girl receptionist and greeted, “Good afternoon!”

Her response was, “What is good about the afternoon? What do you want?”

“I came to see the MD.” he said.

“MD is not in the office, go and come back later. If you don’t like that, sit down there and wait for him.”

“Why are you sounding like that,” my friend asked, “have I done anything wrong to you?”

“Hey, don’t talk to me like that, now leave this place.” she barked.

He took a seat.

Soon another big girl came out, he said to her, “Good afternoon ma! Can you please turn on the television?”

She scanned him from the top of his head to the sole of his feet and said, “If you want a place to watch television, go to one of those roadside football-viewing shacks, foolish man.”

After some time, another big girl came out and the man said to her, “I’ve been here for about an hour, can you get me some water to drink. I’m thirsty!”

She replied him and said, “I don’t blame you. It’s because you met me working in this office, that’s why you’re sending me on petty errands.”

So he resolved not to talk to any of them again. By his counting, there were about seven of such big girls working in that office. When he later got to see the MD he asked him, “Don’t be annoyed but these girls who work here, do they all have family problems, you know, problems with their husbands?”

The MD replied that they’re not even married. My friend was shocked and realized why they were not yet married. For goodness sake, no man can stomach that kind of attitude.

I want to point out some wrong attitudes that Christians are often guilty of and should avoid by all means:

Attitude 1: Being angry at what God has done for another person

So the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.” Genesis 4:6-7 (NKJV)

That is the attitude of some people. Abel’s offering was accepted by God, but Cain was not happy about it.

And he said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and because he has received him safe and sound, your father has killed the fatted calf.’

“But he was angry and would not go in. Therefore his father came out and pleaded with him.

So he answered and said to his father, ‘Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends.

But as soon as this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with harlots, you killed the fatted calf for him.'(NKJV)
Luke 15:27-30

If you read that passage well, you’ll find that the bible never said that the prodigal son had dealings with harlots. It only recorded that he wasted his father’s wealth and there was no further detail. It was his brother who brought harlots into the story.

Another common incident is where a Christian grumbles and murmurs about how they contributed to situate or found a local church and while newer members to the church have been made Pastors and so on, themselves have not been considered for any title. What kind of nonsense thought pattern is that? Do such Christians want to die before their time? Don’t they know what God does to people who murmur?

A sister came to me asking if it was a bad thing to live a holy life. She was evidently angry with God. She said she was 34, unmarried and still a virgin. All her sisters who jumped from one man to another were all married and one of them even bore her husband twins. She expected perhaps that I will pet her but on the contrary, I encouraged her to end the whole thing since she had had enough. I gave her options: she could grab a naked wire and it will be over in a matter of seconds, or she could drink acid, I’m a chemist and could provide her that; she could also slash her vein with a sharp knife and bleed to death. Alternatively, she could jump headlong from a storey building to her death down below. In any case, she could end her misery soon enough. However, I later put her on the right track, as is my duty. This is an example of wrong attitude from Christians who have refused to grow up. This kind of attitude does not attract anything from God.

If God has not done for you what He has done for someone else, wait. His plan for you is probably bigger than what you are envying in someone else. God has His timetable for everybody. So there’s no point putting up an attitude.

Attitude 2: Thinking that God owes you something

When you think that what God has done for you is your right, you will ultimately not go far in life.

And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.

So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?”

And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”(NKJV)
Luke 17:15-19

10 lepers were healed 9 of them were Jews, 1 was a Samaritan. He came back to give thanks. The others saw it as a right. They probably thought, “After all, Jesus is my cousin, he should heal me.” I’ve seen this attitude in different spheres of life. You see a brother who thinks it is his right to be taken care of by his elder brother. A son who believes it is his right to inherit everything from his father. When you give somebody N20,000, he assumes you already have N2Million and the one you are giving to him is too small. He somehow believes you would not give him N20,000 if all you had was N40,000. It’s a wrong attitude. Everything we have or get from God as His children is a privilege. That is why David said, “it is by His mercy we are not consumed”.

Someone experiences a motor accident and comes out with broken bones. He is hospitalized for 6 months and eventually he recuperates well enough to limp to church to offer testimony and thanksgiving about his ordeal. Yet another person was in a vehicle that somersaulted and some passengers died. He steps out of the vehicle unharmed and boards the next vehicle and continues on his journey. Ironically it is he who should come dancing to the church with offerings of thanksgiving to testify before the congregation of the Lord’s people about the mercy and protection he obtained from God, before even the one hospitalized for six months. But he does not do so. He takes it for granted and goes on his way. Do not ask God for anything extra if you have not taken time to appreciate Him for the ones He has done for you.

The other 9 lepers didn’t know there was a difference between being healed and being made whole. If the leprosy had eaten away their fingers, the healing would take away the leprosy but the making whole will restore the fingers.

Attitude 3: Looking down on others

Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Luke 18:9 (NKJV)

This attitude is very common in our days. For example, some people think it is only their denomination of Christians that will go to heaven. Unfortunately, God is not only in one church and I wonder what it will take to make them see that. The Church of Christ has absolutely nothing to do with denomination. The Church of Christ comprises of anyone that is genuinely born again. It is an invisible church, not a physical one. Some people in House of Kings & Priests will go to heaven; unfortunately some people who attend the same House of Kings & Priests but have refused to be genuinely born again will not go to heaven. This is exactly how it is in every other church on earth where people are meeting in the name of Jesus Christ. What we find is that some people think they are the original Christians (whatever that means), and therefore every other person is a sinner.

Certain people think that if you are not part of them then you are a sinner. The story of the Pharisee and the tax collector who came to pray: while the tax collector beat his chest remorsefully saying, “Lord, have mercy on me for I am a sinner“, the Pharisee said, “I pay my tithe, I give alms, I don’t steal, I provide for widows and orphans, I fast and pray twice a week”. He was full of himself. That kind of attitude is wrong and will never give you promotion.

Attitude 4: Comfortable in disobedience

There are some people who are comfortable and unperturbed after clearly disobeying God.

Then Samuel went to Saul, and Saul said to him, “Blessed are you of the LORD! I have performed the commandment of the LORD.”(NKJV) 1 Samuel 15:13

If you’re asked to lead the choir ministration in your church, but before the day you are to do so, you happen to have fallen into one sin or the other. Instead of sorting out your position with God in repentance, you prefer to act as if nothing wrong has happened. God will never promote you.

I know of a founding Pastor of a church who fell into adultery and had the courage to tell his congregation. He handed over the pastoring of the church to another and became a member just like everyone else in order to better get through his ordeal. My respect for him increased greatly.

Attitude 5: Squeezing God into your logic

Saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.’ Matthew 20:12(NKJV)

They had suddenly forgotten that they had received payment as agreed? In verse 15 the landowner replied them and said:

Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good? Matthew 20:15 (NKJV)

As I often say, favour is not fair. You have no business poking into how God chooses to treat other people. God is just. It is wise not to develop an attitude with God when He treats other people nicely.

Attitude 6: False sense of satisfaction

Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’–and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked– Revelation 3:17 (NKJV)

In these last days it is popular to hear people use the phrase, “i di okay” (You’re okay). So a lady will snatch a fellow woman’s husband and her friend will remark, “i di okay”. A brother will dupe a fellow brother of his money, buy a nice-looking suit and come to church and another brother will remark, “i di okay”. This was the same attitude with the church mentioned in Revelations 3:

This attitude is wrong and does not take anyone far in life. Let’s now examine the last enemy of divine promotion.

5. Pride

I’ll quickly reel of some scriptures that shed a great deal of light on this matter of pride:

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10 (NKJV)

For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.” Luke 14:11 (NKJV)

For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends. 2 Corinthians 10:18 (NKJV)

Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
1 Peter 5:5-6 (NKJV)

Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18 (NKJV)

When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom. Proverbs 11:2 (NKJV)

All these scriptures solidify the fact that pride is an enemy of divine promotion. When you begin to boast that it is because you fasted so much and so when you prayed for the cripple, he walked. Or that you read 18 hours every day and that guaranteed your exam success, you begin to ascribe glory to yourself. You destruction will not be far ahead. If your resistance in life is from man or from evil spirits, there is a great deal of hope for you, but if God himself is the one resisting you because of your pride, you’re dead meat. No pastor can pray you out of the situation.

Arrogant or proud people don’t get promotion. When pride has taken over your life, the next story coming out about you is your downfall. When King Nebuchadnezzar said to himself, “Is this not Babylon that my hand has built? The next minute, he was in the forest biting off grass from the ground like an animal for seven years.

When Herod received the praises of the people who chanted, “This is the voice of a god, not the voice of man”, worms ate him up where he stood. No matter how great you are or eventually become, may it not get into your head. Humility alone will take you to places where effort will not take others. It is easier to receive favour if you’re a humble person.

6. Unfaithfulness in little things

“Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?” Matthew 24:45 (NKJV)

His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’

Matthew 25:21 (NKJV)

When God is about to provide a great thing, he first provides a little thing to see how you will manage the great thing. With every provision comes responsibility. So you receive N50,000 and God is watching to see if you will pay your tithe, take care of the poor, honour your parents and instead, you blow it all on yourself with no care for other responsibilities around you. You might as well have eaten your future in the present.

7. Sexual Immorality

“Reuben, you are my firstborn, my might and the beginning of my strength, The excellency of dignity and the excellency of power. Unstable as water, you shall not excel, Because you went up to your father’s bed; Then you defiled it– He went up to my couch. Genesis 49:3-4 (NKJV)

Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel–he was indeed the firstborn, but because he defiled his father’s bed, his birth-right was given to the sons of Joseph, the son of Israel, so that the genealogy is not listed according to the birth-right; 1 Chronicles 5:1 (NKJV)

I particularly intend to drive this point home above all else. These two scriptures sound it clear that sexual immorality can destroy a person’s destiny and rob one of any promotion in their life. Your promotion or birth-right or destiny will be handed to another person. Till our Lord Jesus comes, I will continue to drive this point home. You are not pure until you are sexually pure. Sexual immorality will rob you of any dignity you have, which is why the bible says that an adulteress will reduce a man to a loaf of bread. It makes you a candidate of stagnancy, bad luck, hardship, and frustration.

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles–that a man has his father’s wife! 1 Corithinans 5:1 (NKJV)

You can imagine that in a church, a man had taken his father’s wife. A deed not even mentioned among the unbelievers, according the passage.

But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; Ephesians 5:3 (NKJV)

So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Colossians 3:5 (NLT)

I have seen great relationships, people that would have been so great, but because they started messing up with sexual immorality the presence of God is lifted, then the quarrels begin. And so a man who had said to a lady, “I love you, you’re the only cockroach in my cupboard, the only sugar in my tea, the only mosquito in my net”, and so on, that same man will ball his fists and strike the same woman with a blow in a fit of rage. Immorality will rob you of divine protection and self-control. It will make a man who was doing well in business to start failing. While your fellows are doing well, you fail in every same venture as they only because there is a spiritual Delilah scraping your head off all the hair on it. As you are having “fun”, she comes with a razor and scrapes off your favour, wisdom, creativity and every spiritual and intellectual gift you have been blessed with. You come out thinking you have had some good time, unbeknownst to you, you have lost more than you realize.

Immorality will reduce a man to a beast of burden. That was what happened to Samson. A powerful man reduced to grinding pepper and tomato for women. Immorality will rob you of divine promotion and fulfilment of destiny. It is one of the devil tools to bring down powerful men and women of God. Make up your mind not to live a life of sexual immorality. Flee from it and you will resist the devil’s wiles. Say no to the perversion that is prevailing in our present time. Spend time thinking about what God has brought you to do here on earth. When you are in your 70s, will you begin to reminisce on the number of sexual exploits you did, instead of the souls you won, or the sick you prayed for who got healing, or the widows you helped, or scholarships you awarded, or the lives and destinies you improved? Don’t live a life now which you will be ashamed of sharing with people later. Don’t join the crowd. Learn what it takes to live a life of purity.

For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Romans 6:14 (NKJV)

As a child of God, you have at your disposal what it takes to live above sin, and it is called grace.

Related topics:  
Dr. Wilberforce Oti
About Dr. Wilberforce Oti

He is the Founder & Senior Pastor of House of Kings & Priests. He teaches practical ways the contemporary Christian can apply the Word of God to stay victorious in today's world. He's also the pioneer of Brand New Me: a weekly radio programme that airs on Unity FM, Abakaliki and thousands tune in regularly to listen to his life-transforming messages.

Next Post 

16 comments on this post.

  1. Pastor Onilede Joseph wrote:

    Iam bless with your write up,I think our generation need dis word of truth frm ppl like u.

    Reply

  2. Rev I. P Overcomer wrote:

    I so bless with this study. More grace sir.

    Reply

  3. Edison Uro wrote:

    This message blessed me and I will use it for Bible study.

    Reply

  4. Olukayode wrote:

    Good morning Sir. This is indeed a Spirit inspired message. God renew your grace in Jesus name.

    Reply

  5. Joel Olaleye wrote:

    Glorious message! More Grace sir.

    Reply

  6. omozua wrote:

    my soul is lifted. God bless you Sir.

    Reply

  7. shila wrote:

    Very powerful,I’m realy blessed

    Reply

  8. Michael Oni Tope of RCCG ph wrote:

    I am the most blessed by this message, may God continue to use you in His vineyard.

    Reply

  9. Favour mezie wrote:

    This is awsome, more grace

    Reply

  10. Pst mrs Dewan wrote:

    Wow,thank God for this great word,more grace sir.

    Reply

  11. Olas wrote:

    Powerful message! More grace for more fruitful Ministering Thank you sir.

    Reply

  12. Omolola Adeniyi wrote:

    I am really blessed.

    Reply

  13. Rev John G. Dekor wrote:

    Your write up is very revealing and mind blowing, i’m really bless by it. More grace!

    Reply

  14. Benson japhet wrote:

    These guidelines are constructive and helpful.

    Reply

  15. Pst.Chukwuma Christian Enyinna wrote:

    My blessed with this words of yours

    Reply

Do you have any comments?


Back to top